Tuesday, December 18, 2007

November 21, 2007


I had a PET scan today to scan my body for any other cancer that may be in my body. I went down to Prescott Valley for my appointment full of hope and faith. After a short wait, I was led out to a trailer and given some radioactive substance and told to rest in a small, dark room for 45 minutes - which should have been quite scary - but instead of fear, I was feeling more peaceful by the moment. I was completely relaxed and had a growing sense of hope. After the radioactivity was sufficiently coursing through my veins, they swaddled me like a baby (I can see why infants like it so much) and put me in the machine. I prayed throughout the scan and felt so sure that nothing was going to be found. It was so relaxing, in fact, that when the technician came in to unwrap me, he said I looked like I thought this was a spa. So I suggested that they could throw in a facial while patients were in there. When I got home, I told Chris, who has been quietly freaking out, to have faith in my faith that everything would be fine. I tried to convince him how sure I felt, but it's difficult to put someone else in touch with what's going on inside of your body. At the dinner table I joked with the kids that I might start crawling up walls and making webs, but Jake quickly reminded me that "you have to be bitten by a radioactive spider to do that mom". Duh!

No comments: