Tuesday, December 18, 2007

December 4, 2007

Today I found out that my cancer is stage 2A based on several factors: no cancer was found in the lymph nodes, and the tumor is 2.1 cm (the range for 2A is 2-5 cm, so I'm just going to go ahead and call it stage 1B). The survival rate for stage 2A, which is considered early stage cancer, is 92%, and in my line of work that's an A! As far as I'm concerned, that sounds exactly like 100%, don't you think? In addition to the lumpectomy, my doctor also took out my gall bladder, inserted a port (for the chemotherapy), and did a biopsy on the cyst on my left ovary which was gloriously negative. Nothing but good news! Amazingly, it was outpatient surgery and I was home that evening. I returned to a home-cooked meal made by the kind-hearted staff at Mile High, a beautiful bouquet of flowers and lots of cards and gifts from my students. Yippee!

2 comments:

Tom, Sue and Gracie said...

Hey Lisa,

It was great to see everyone on your travels up north. Hope it was a good visit. Glad you told us about your blog. We will keep posted here. Also Tom and I have been praying for comfort and strength for you guys in the coming days. We love you all!!

Sue

Claire said...

Okay, call me a loser friend for not staying on top of your life and then you send me an Oscar. What kind of schmuck does that make me? Hey, I think of you tons. And I love Googling you and you come up first:) I will email you today!!!!

Love, Claire